Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Delicacies of GHAR GHAR

Recently I have gone through some situations where I had to spend some of my time with kids and play with them. In one such situation it was the all time Indian hit play , "GHAR GHAR" that I had to play. Although I always used to think and still believe that it is predominantly girlish game, but I can confess like many other Indian boys that at one point of their life they must have been fathers,doctors, drivers, gardeners even sweepers too at times while being a part of this "big time small show" .
So playing the game after so many years brought down so many childhood memories of mine when I used to play various roles for the same.  Most of the times I used to be doctor , then a Daddy, sometimes a teacher and worst of all a thief.
But each role was played so well by me. I have enjoyed it a lot. Here I am going to share some such of my role plays and events that will surely fascinate you.

1. DOCTOR: This was the best role. I was always fascinated by their profession and I myself was aspirant of being a doc but somehow engineering felt on my way. Anyways, while playing doc I used to have small syringe with me (off course without needles) that I found in my home, don't know how and where. As a child we can only visualize the doc as a human who can inject a child at his/her bumps. And the same I used to do while being a doctor. All small child used to come to me , open their pants or raise their frocks and keep their tiny butts in front of me and I used to do the act of injecting some medicine. Now when I think about it, it seems so funny. Don't know my childhood friend remember it or not, and even if they do, they will surely act like as if they don't know anything. Chill guys it was all childhood play. Even I had injected it to myself, when in the play doctor himself get sick!!

2. TEACHER: I used to be very harsh in this role. Used to punish the so called students of mine, and specially to those with whom I had to take some old revenge. And since I was a child then, I used to teach Alphabets , number etc which I guess most of us has undergone. Also there used to be Parent Teacher's Meet in our game wherein I as a teacher used to tell real vices of all the so called student (I used to know as we all were friends and neighbors after all)  and then make them public.


3. THIEF: This was very interesting role wherein I had to enter the house when everybody used to act as sleeping and thief had to carry away all the important items of GHAR, be it small cooker or doll or injection, means whatever. My role play as a thief was the thief who after stealing all the things never come back to play again. I used to keep all items with me and take all of them to my home. After very long time all kids used to come at my home complaining to my parents that I had taken away their items, I used to get big scoldings. And on this I used to say innocently "They had asked me to act like thief, what's wrong at my part, I had just done what they said!!"
 

6 comments:

  1. felt nostalgic..........
    :-)
    nice writing.

    anu

    ReplyDelete
  2. tu apne bade papa ka bhi nakal kar rahe the...bhool gaya kya
    srikanth

    ReplyDelete
  3. All positions mentioned here depict of power and control position. Seems you have a particular distaste for working under ANY authority from very beginning. Good that you are pursuing management now.

    Anyways, I appreciate this post. Nice recollection of innocent childhood years....:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Manas!! I can work under any authority, provided that they should really be authoritative!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Do not copy my stuff...