Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mummy and Sweaters

My mummy is fond of making sweaters and she make it very very well. I remember the varieties of sweater she made for me all through my childhood winters. Different designs , colors and patterns. Many of her sweaters were better than the ready made one. She always used to invent some new design and patterns which used to be much popular among other aunts, neighbours and they used to take reference from her and take away the sample designed sweaters for reference. And she had hell lot of varieties of knitting needles.

 

                                                                      There  are many events and memory attached with most of them.Memories like what I did with whom when I was wearing some particular sweater. And the weather in winter in north always feels like out of the world thing with foggy and misted air that makes a scary, romantic and adventurous scene in single shot. And people in such situation get recognized by sweaters. If somebody is coming towards you in such situation it is the fluffy sweaters first which get recognized than the face. And these are some such things that I am missing since last 4 years being in Mumbai having almost no winters.
Coming back to Mummy again. Instead of saying  "no" multiple times to her , she use to make one for whomsoever she feel like. It was a kind of time pass to her. Even she used to involve me in many of her sweater weaving process. Most of the times for making ball out of the Wool skein or unweaving of old sweater which I enjoyed the most as it was kind of game for me in my childhood (sometimes used to compete with my brother's ) which I used to enjoy while watching any matinee show. And these activities from mummy's side made me break away from studies without any scolding and enjoy watching TV or something along with it. I remember it was usually winter holidays after lunch time , sort of siesta , when some of the matinee show on TV along with groundnuts or some peanut stuff.


But gone are the old days. Now nobody is near Mummy. Everybody is busy in their own life and mummy too got bored of making it time again for Papa. So she had kind of left making all these sweaters and her favourite time pass since last 4 or 5 years. And now there is no one to appreciate her or encourage her for making sweaters. Even my brothers and relatives who are facing winters are preferring the ready made one and mummy too got older  by now to take initiative for someone. Even for herself. (She used to make beautiful scarf and cardigan for herself even.) Also along with growing tentions in life she cant give much time to it and nobody cares even. And I am sure she must be feeling bad and sad for this.
 But recently a call from my 6 year old nephew to my mummy just increased her smile quotient a lot. He requested his Dadima to make a sweater for him every year without even asking him. And this innocent request made my Mummy smile a lot and lot of other ways to stress away her tentions in her own way!!

4 comments:

  1. Chotte Bachche ki awaaz mein bahut "dam" hota hain.. :) :) Everything seems to fall in place and feels "so perfect" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so sweet sunil..ur words touched my heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Do not copy my stuff...